Tuesday, September 1, 2015

From beginning to end.....

Good evening everyone!!
I thought I would post some progress pics of one of my paintings I started a couple of days ago and was mostly able to finish it off today (except for the varnish).  I just love these colours of rich aubergine, magenta and lilac!!  



Below:
Here I have added some background flowers/trees/greenery....at this point I am really happy with how it is going



Below:
The finished painting!!  I have titled it 'Into The Night"...I have used acrylic paint, glitter glue and metallic acrylic paint.  It measures 24 x 30 inches.

 Below:
The glitter glue does not really show up in photo's, but it adds a lovely sparkle to the painting when the light hits the painting.  Makes it look really pretty!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours and textures. The flower seed heads look like fairy wands too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carole! I actually ended up putting in a small 'moon' with textured paste, roughly in the centre of it, later on....lol.....just felt something was missing!! I should post pics of the update on this painting!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a message....