Saturday, September 6, 2014

Crazy hair using bits and bobs!!

Good evening all.  Well this has got to be one of my favourites at the moment!!  I just love this technique of using all the junk, bits and bobs and making them beautiful.  Even better that she sold before I had finished her!!  She was made on a 12 x 16 inch canvas, and besides using a myriad of junk and what not (everything from nuts, bolts, hair clips, beads, bottle tops, rope and so on) I used acrylic paint, inks, pastels, paper and glitter.  I love how this felt to make and how it looks so creative.  I combined a couple different techniques of my girl mixed media paintings (click here for a look) and my other 'junk' type mixed media (there is no real name for it! (Click here for link) I supposed inspired by Finnabair.  Anyways, she sold today, which I am glad, and Im going to make another one, but with possibly a different eye colour????  Will wait and see!



2 comments:

Please feel free to leave a message....