Sunday, May 5, 2013

Princess mixed media on canvas...

Good evening all!  Well, what fun I had making this latest piece!  This 20 x 30 inch canvas was one of those paintings that originally was something else that I didn't like and painted this over the top of it !! One of my favourite  parts is the 3D birdcage I made (was a little time consuming though!). I also love the fabric flowers on her dress and in her hair and the 3D effect on the butterflies.  I used acrylic paints, impasto for her hair, paper, fabric, beads, pastels, ribbon and glitter glue.  This is a one of a kind piece I think!  
The quote reads "if nothing ever changed then there would be no butterflies"....kind of like my life at the moment!  Change, although a good thing sometimes, is also a little scary! :)










No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message....